Editing and proofreading and pre-publishing services
What can we do for you?
- Book manuscript editing services: for non-fiction manuscripts and novels/fiction manuscripts.
So, you have written your book and are heading on the road towards publication, what assistance do you need now?
We offer structural editing, copy editing and proofreading services for book manuscripts, as well as a manuscript appraisal service (or manuscript assessment service).
- Manuscript structural editing: looking at the big picture, the overall manuscript structure,
flow of ideas and logic, writing style and type of language used and ensuring consistency, readability and the effective communication
of your message or story to your intended target audience.
- Manuscript copy editing: getting down to the nitty-gritty of your manuscript, from paragraph structure
and sentence structure, word choice and style, to grammar, spelling and punctuation. It focusses on readability, writing style
and type of language used, matching this against the target audience to ensure your message or story is communicated with impact
- and that your writing stands out for all the right reasons!
- Manuscript proofreading: even the most skilled and careful writer may easily
overlook errors in their own writing.
We offer a proofreading service to highlight and correct errors - spelling, punctuation, grammar and style
- in your manuscript before it is published. This is the last stage of the editing process before sending to a publisher,
or if self-publishing to your book designer or type setter for formatting.
Note that an additional final pre-print proofreading stage should be undertaken after your book has been formatted by your book designer or typesetter and is ready for printing - this will pick up new errors introduced in the formatting stage as well as errors that may have slipped through the previous stages undetected.
- Manuscript appraisals (or manuscript assessments): a review (a written report) of your manuscript's structure,
flow, content, language, grammar, writing style and readability, etc, taking into account your aims and intended audience.
It may raise issues for the author to address or at least to consider. A short sample of copy editing of the text may be
included, to give you an idea of what to expect with the copy edit stage of the manuscript editing process.
- Document editing services: Do your documents achieve their intended purpose and hit
the target you are aiming to reach, or could they do with some help?
Our document editing service involves looking at your document's structure, flow of ideas and logic, readability, language used and writing style and matching this with your target audience to ensure your message is effectively communicated in a highly professional manner. We will also review and correct issues with grammar, sentence structure, word choice, spelling and punctuation and ensure consistency of writing style and presentation.
- Document proofreading services: Have you finished writing a document or publication and are reasonably happy
with the outcome but you realise that the quality of your written words reflects on you and your business, so you want
to ensure a professional result before your document is published or distributed?
We offer a document proofreading service to highlight and correct errors - spelling, punctuation, grammar and style - in your document or any publication before it is published, to avoid embarrassing errors or unnecessary re-printing costs.
- Writing coaching: Would you like to improve the quality of your writing,
learn what to look out for when editing documents, and increase your overall confidence as a writer?
We can work with you as you develop your document or manuscript, warn you how to avoid common pitfalls
and provide useful tips and guidance to help make your writing shine.
- Copywriting: Do you get frustrated trying to find the right words
to present your ideas or promote your products and services?
We can give you a helping hand with copywriting to present your ideas clearly and concisely.
For website content copywriting we also offer search engine optimisation (SEO), utilising an extensive professional background in Information Technology.
- structural editing, copy editing and proofreading
- fiction or non-fiction manuscripts
- book manuscripts, ebooks, short stories, articles
- website content including search engine optimisation (SEO)
- via email and electronic copy or hard copy
- writing coaching to improve the quality of your writing and editing and to increase your confidence
- whether you are self-publishing or finishing off your manuscript before submitting to an agent or publisher, we can add value to your manuscript
- more information on book editing services for authors and writers
- structural/substantive editing, copy editing and proofreading
- book manuscripts, ebooks, articles, magazines
- general non-fiction and fiction manuscripts
- subject areas: biography, science and environment, information technology, community services, current affairs, self development, cookbooks and more...
- via email and electronic copy or standard markup on hard copy
- handle multiple file formats from Word, OpenOffice, PDF, InDesign, etc
- offering high level attention to detail matched with creativity and the ability to see the big picture
- more information on manuscript editing services for publishers
- polish your business documents, reports, ebooks, and publications,
and allow your products and services to shine
- present quality and professional material to your customers or clients
- reduce the likelihood of potentially embarrassing errors in your publications
- save you money on unnecessary reprinting by correcting errors before publication
- promote your products and services online via professional, clear and concise website content and search engine optimisation (SEO) - utilising an extensive professional background in Information Technology
- allow you to focus on your core business - if English grammar, spelling and punctuation, or writing in general, are not your strong points then don't let that hold you or your business back - we can give you a helping hand with your documents and publications and release you to do what you do best, run your business!
- university theses - edit or proofread your Masters or PhD thesis before submission
- journal articles and research papers for postgraduate students and university staff
- more information for postgraduate Computer Science / Information Technology students
- We offer creativity combined with strict attention to detail, to polish and add value to your manuscript, document or publication.
- We value our clients and aim to build strong working relationships - we will work with you to produce the best possible outcome for each and every project.
- We offer quality outcomes delivered in agreed timeframes.
- We value your privacy and will treat your documents, ideas and information with complete confidentiality.
- We offer reasonable quotes based on your individual requirements - please contact us for a quote or for more information.
Phone: 07 3349 4440